Thursday, June 09, 2005

Home

To Wojtek

Sunshine
Scorching your face
Spilling off the edges of a fig leaf
As it shimmers into the muddy river--
Cordoba in your eyes.
Life promising more than it can give:
The cobblestones of Florence,
The stench of Venice,
And us.
Our laughter smelled of oranges rotting in the dank night,
The glowing edges of your naked figure on the balcony,
And my smile--solitary, quivering, and wide.
Feed my dreams on your runaway soul,
Give me no rest--rest is for the departed.
I will drink in, if the glass is empty I'll fill it
With the corners of my hope,
Dusty and scarce.
I will follow, for I have no home
But the sunshine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... very very nice. This is one of my favorites so far.

LORENZO said...

Oh to be in love. When you find the right one the words just come out. Who needs a home when you have her! I will read more.

LL
http://crownedwithlaurels.blogspot.com/

You're invited to read mine.