Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Windows

I open the windows, Heat spilling bright onto jaded floors, A tree swaying with warmth, And air burning the nose with freshness. I open the windows, I hear life spilling in Over thresholds and terrazzo, And yellow glow. A cage of thin black wire Missing its bird, Cards spread on a chaffing table With the chaos of fate. A scream, a chuckle, A wrinkled grin, And graying hair Brimming with age. An old stone bench awaits them, A feeling so new it tingles. All spread beyond, like hope Of another life, another tomorrow, Another place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je ne sais pas. The whole thing repelled me (except for the cool "a cage missing its bird"). Too chocolat-mou.

Niaa!

Ton loving frère Ahmad

Anonymous said...

Shoot! Only now did I notice that I misquoted the cage and the bird thing. How silly of me.

But I did it out of love. Hehe.

Ton frère Ahmad

arch.memory said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Too chocolat-mou for me, too...