Saturday, April 30, 2005

Stardust

To Obe

In two different orbits we circle now
Planets tethered to separate suns

In another dimension I float, I breathe
I speak where you cannot hear

We cross the earth telling the rest of the story
We intertwine like unraveling schemes

I glimpse the round of your head from a distance
From memory, scratchy and blue

I see you where you ought to be
In the absence I make you on the corner, on the street

But in another street you dwell now
One with an unfamiliar smell

The syncopated silences between us grow
Until nothing is left but retorts so delayed

They are rendered obsolete
A handle, an encoded song

Is all the dust that remains
From the burst stars we became

© Copyright 2010 Obeida Sidani

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I frankly did not get it, maybe because I did not get who the subject of the poem is, and given that I can see through your poems, it was very frustrating. One thing I can say with certainty, is that I liked the cosmic overall spirit of it,
Ton frère Ahmad